How to Install MS Office Setup using Office.com/setup?
Office.com/setup is a process that helps you to download and install the Office application in order to enhance your experience with its various products. The Office offers an ultimate range of subscription-based services like Powerpoint, Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and a lot more. Setting up the Office application, you can improve your productivity and get to access a versatile range of products.
Minimum System Requirements
For enjoying www.office.com/setup without any error, it becomes important to make your system compatible with the application. This requires you to ensure that your system fulfills all the given system requirements.
Windows: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7 Service Pack 1
Mac: Office supports only the recent three versions of macOS. This will include the newer version as well as the two immediate previous versions.
Windows: 1.6 GHz or faster, 2-core
Mac: Intel processor
Windows: 4GB RAM; 2 GB RAM (32-bit)
Mac: 4 GB RAM
Windows: 4.0 GB
Mac: 10 GB
Activation and Download
For Office.com/setup, you first have to purchase the Office subscription. You can do this by visiting the official website and make the purchase of the Office product that fits all your requirements. After the successful completion of the purchase, the next step is to Activate and download your Office product.
Activation is an important process that helps you to enjoy all the premium features offered by your product. For activation, you must have an activation product key. You will get this keycode only after the purchase of the subscription. Product keycode is a 25 digit alphanumeric code that can be found at the following locations:
- Confirmation mail
You can find the product key code in the confirmation mail that was sent to you on your registered email address. The Office will send you the code just after the confirmation of the online purchase of the subscription.
- Purchased Box
In case you have purchased a subscription from the third party. Then, you will find the code on the product key card available inside the purchased box.
- Order History
You can also find the product key code in the order history of Office. For getting the keycode, you have to access your Office account. Then, open the order history and tap the “Install Office” button. This will not install the product but will show you the product key code.
Once you get the product key code, you can move to the activation process. For activation, follow the below-mentioned process.
- Launch a web browser on your computing device.
- Then, move to the activation window by typing the office.com/setup in the address bar.
- This will redirect you to the activation window.
- In this window, you first have to log in to your account by tapping the “Sign In” button. Then, provide your registered email address and password that are linked with Office.
- However, in case you are a new user, then click the “Create a new account” tab. Then, provide the profile information for the successful creation of the account.
- After successful logging into your office account, enter the product key code in the required field.
- Then, choose the “Country” you are living in. Also, select the desired “Language”.
- Further, tap the “Next” button twice.
- After the completion of the activation process, the Office will redirect you to your account. In case, it won’t happen then you have to access your account manually.
- On the main interface of your Office account, you will get the product that you have purchased.
- Click the “Install” tab beside your purchase.
- This will begin the download process. The download is a time-consuming process, hence wait patiently for its completion.
- In the middle of the download process, you might get a popup box to select the desired location for saving the setup file. You can change the installation location by clicking the “Browse” tab. However, if you won’t get the popup box the setup file will get saved in its default location i.e. Downloads Folder.
The final step is to install the application on your system. Only after installation, you can start using the application and enjoy all its features. For installation, follow the process given below.
- First of all, open the Downloads folder on your computing device. In case you have changed the download location, then open that particular folder.
- Then, search for your Office.com/setup file and double click it.
- Now, a Security Warning pop-up display on your screen for your permission to run on your device. Grant the permission by clicking the “Run” button.
- If the User Account Control pop-up box prompted on your screen, then click the “Yes” button. This allows the application to make the necessary changes to your system.
- This will initiate the Office.com/setup procedure. You have to wait for a few minutes as this might take some time to get completed.
- After the successful completion of the process, tap the “Close” button to move out of the installation wizard.
- Firstly, visit the Downloads folder on your Mac device.
- Now, start the installation process by double-tapping the setup file that you have downloaded.
- In the welcome window of the Office.com/setup wizard, click the “Continue” tab.
- Then, the License Agreement window will appear on your screen. Office asks its users to carefully read the document to avoid future complications. This document will tell you the data collection policy, data usage, etc.
- After reading the document, tap “Continue”.
- Further, you can change the installation location by clicking the “Change Install Location” option.
- Next, click the “Install” button to proceed with the setup procedure.
- Meanwhile the process, you have to provide the Mac administrator username and password. This is required for confirming the process.
- Afterwards, click the “Install Software” tab to proceed forward with the process.
- By doing so, the installation process will begin.
- Installation is a time-consuming process. Hence, wait for the successful completion of the Office.com/setup process.
Once the process gets completed, come out of the installation window. For this, click the “Close” button.